My photo
a documentation of family, friendships, and all the sweet treats in between. ♥

Monday, January 24, 2011

Resolutions


While making Christmas cookies with Hope and Luke, Hope had the idea to make little mini pretzel wreaths. (She tied little ribbons around each one and they turned out so cute!). I've always wanted to make homemade pretzels but have never tried to attempt it.


The more I thought about it, the more I realized how many things I keep "meaning" to bake but never get around to because my favorites always creep back to the top of my list. So, I've decided to make my own baking bucket list. But instead of "things to do before I die", its a "things to bake before next year" list :) These are also things that I don't just want to try baking, but recipes I want to perfect. I figure I can only bake one or two things per month between school and work, so I'm trying to keep the list short.

Here's what I've got so far:

-Tiramisu
-Caramels (the soft, brown sugary kind-- I cant find a good recipe for these ANYWHERE)
-Beignets (I've always called them scones, they're soo yummy)
-Homemade marshmallows
-Coffe Cake (simple, but I've never made it)
-Big giant soft pretzels
-English Toffee
-Peppermint Patties
-Bagels
-Cannoli (these require a cannoli shell mold, so we'll see)


Other things I want to make that aren't baking:

-Cornbread
-Fried zucchini sticks
-Chai Tea
-Quiche (any kind)


So that my sort of New Year's Resolution, along with updating this more,
I guess we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. um, please make cannoli when i come home to visit! delish. i like your baking bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete